Friday, June 13, 2014

She Did It




Followed the sketch at Stuck On U Sketches for this layout of my daughter (finally) receiving her certification. She had to take multiple classes across the country, but all that travel has paid off. I'm so proud of her. My pictures are too large to fit the 5 in the sketch so I modified a little and made it my own. The background is made with a stencil. Used liquid pearls and water instead of paint. The cardstock is a muted red, not the rose it appears in the photo. Too much light and the colors don't look right, too little light and the photos don't show right. Maybe someday I'll get a perfect picture.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your daughter! Great take on the sketch. I like what you did with the stencil, neat to know that you can water down liquid pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super layout, about a super special occasion ... congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow I love your page. I love everything everything everything. thank you for your participation stuck on u sketches

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi fab layout, love your your butterflies and swirls. Caroleanne from SOUS. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great accomplishment to document. Congratulations to you daughter. I love all of those butterflies. Thanks for playing along at SOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations to both mom and daughter. I know its an hard work by both parents and kids to achieve at this level. Thanks for sharing with us at SOUS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab take on the sketch Vicki! And such a proud moment captured on the page. Thanks for joining in again at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for joining our sketch challenge at Stuck on U Sketches....I love your layout especially the butterflies and the bling.

    ReplyDelete